For this project you’re going to write a news article about the new Chinese teacher, Ms. Hsu.
What’s happened already is that I took the best of the questions the sixth grade media students suggested and typed them up.
With that completed, I eliminated a repeated question and started to organize the rest. To me, I thought the questions could be categorized into three categories:
- questions about her background
- questions about China and the culture
- questions about teaching Chinese to students
Here are the questions I wrote down to ask:
- What did you do before you came to Edgemere?
- When you were little, did you always want to be a teacher? If so, why did you choose to teach kids Chinese?
- What is your favorite thing about teaching?
- Did you come from China?
- Where was the last job you worked at and what did you do?
- How did you find out about this teaching opportunity and why did you decide to apply?
- How many languages do you speak?
- What is it about your job that you absolutely love and why?
- Can you teach every student Chinese?
- Do you think that teaching students Chinese is difficult?
- What do the students do in your class to learn?
- Do you think all your students will like your class? Why or why not?
- How do you think the Chinese language/culture will help them in the future?
- How have your students grown since the first day? Have they grasped the concept yet?
- How do you read the Chinese symbols?
- Did you have fun exploring and learning the Chinese language? Explain.
Here is the interview:
Part One – Create Lino Acount
The first thing you’re going to have to do is create an account in Lino.
Part Two – Start a Group
Then decide who you’re going to work with. Either you or your partner will need to form a group in Lino and have the other join.
Part Three – Take notes
With your partner, take notes on the information you find out from the interview.
Part Four – Organize
Organize the information
Part Five – Write
Write the information in a story, making it as interesting as you can.